22 September 2008

pages of life

these days i waffle between
wanting to curl up with a good book
and wanting to write a good book.

there is so much this world has to offer
for me, writing it all down is one way i say thank you
and acknowledge the happenings of my existence.




A good book has no ending. ~R.D. Cumming

If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison

Let books be your dining table, and you shall be full of delights. Let them be your mattress, and you shall sleep restful nights. ~Author Unknown

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~Paul Sweeney

A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul. ~Franz Kafka

A house without books is like a room without windows. ~Heinrich Mann


Books are delightful society. If you go into a room and find it full of books - even without taking them from the shelves they seem to speak to you, to bid you welcome. ~William Ewart Gladstone


this gorgeous book mobile image comes from the shop house. operated by a truly creative artist based in new england who knows how to hang and curl pages beautifully. i am smitten with these open dangling books spilling with pages (and potential). oh how i wish to have a house full of them.

12 comments:

KJ said...

after my own heart. I really think books were my first love. Well, after my daddy and my blankie.

The VIPs said...

you're a lovely writer, I'd buy your book

christine said...

i know what you mean about books.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love this quote - "The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid". - Jane Austen

The White House said...

I loved the one about losing a friend when you turn the last page. I feel that way SO often with books. what a perfect quote!

melissa deakin said...

you are such a gifted writer.
love all these quotes...you knew i would, right? ;)

Unknown said...

Marta my friend, I would read whatever you wrote. I say go for it! And PS, I love that you refer to your darling baby as "Benji Bear." Seriously, I think it's so endearing!

Courtney said...

Those quotes are perfect and the mobile is beautiful.

"these days i waffle between
wanting to curl up with a good book
and wanting to write a good book."

A very good book you would write indeed. You have a way with words; I've been hooked since I found this blog late last fall.

Unknown said...

Hi!

Thanks so much for your email. I am glad you enjoy my work!

I have just listed a new Book Mobile on etsy, since the other 2 sold last week.

And please feel free to visit my blog as well at www.locchipinti.com

Continue writing your inspiring words!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

some of my best friends are the people I have met in books. When I get lonely for them, I just pick up the book and have a little visit.

LBB said...

Loving this book mobile...what a unique idea...and a great new (to me) shop! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...