30 March 2007

you're invited



announcing the first m. swap.
and better yet, you're all invited to join in.

{the rules} choose a favorite hue (mine, obviously yellow) and incorporate your color theme throughout your entire package. participants are asked to send three items both mellow + colorful to your swapping partner. be creative with your interpretation. think of items that are simple, unique + lovely. focus more on your chosen color palette than on monetary value. your color will be a surprise to your swap partner. choose items that will delight. objects can be vintage, new or handmade. your partner will be sending 3 items in a color all her own...

{sign up} email over your details
marta{at}martacards{dot}com
the sign up deadline is friday, april 6, 2007.
• your name
• mailing address
• email address
• website / blog / flickr
must be involved with at least one of the above choices.
• tidbit about yourself / yourstyle / yourlife
please indicate if you are willing to ship internationally.

{swap} partner information will be emailed to you shortly after the sign-up deadline. the delivery date for this swap is april 23. please have it postmarked by then.

{color me mine} once the swapped package arrives, post photos here for all to see (so we can ooh + aww). if you don't have a flickr account, simply email me a group photo of your newly acquired items and i'll upload them on your behalf.

will be thrilled to see what you creative kids come up with.


26 comments:

Jake said...

I want to do it...but I don't get it...please explain more.

marta said...

for those who are new to blog swaps, let me explain a bit more. a blogger hosts a swap in order to allow readers to interact, stretch out the circle of friends, and swap creative ideas + beautiful items. plus, everyone loves receiving a fun package in the mail - especially from a new blog friend!

mellow yellow is open to interpretation, it doesn't need to be handmade, doesn't need to be expensive, just a simple color-coded idea. there is a lot of room for your own personal creativity. i think we could all use a bit of relaxation too, so i thought it would be nice to shed some light on practicing a more MELLOW lifestyle. whether it's a tea light candle, a booklet of crossword puzzles or a can of diet coke.. please include it in this color-schemed swap.

i have been involved in swaps wherein we swapped Valentines and another where we swapped three useful items. i enjoyed surfing new blogs and discovering more about my partner, hoping to mail them something they just might find useful + fun. it's also intriguing to find out what the other swappers decided to send.

hope this answers your question, gab. think of it as a simple way to spread the love + mellow a fellow blogger out!

Sarah said...

Marta, I just discovered your blog today and I love it. What great timing because your swap sounds fantastic and I'm signing up now...

Anonymous said...

hi marta! are international addresses acceptable (i.e. england)? i'm willing to ship internationally as well, of course, but if for simplicity's sake it's not possible, i totally understand! megxx

marta said...

meg, international friends surely are welcome too! for those in the USA, please indicate if you are willing to ship your swap internationally and i'll pair you up accordingly.

thanks for your support + enthusiasm.

I'm A said...

SO fun! I'm in in in.

Anonymous said...

This sounds fun!
Do you mind me mentioning your swap on my blog? I know some friends who might want to do this. Let me know!

ali said...

I'm in! And I'll sheep to wherever needs be.

Lorilee said...

I want in too. Sounds fun, I'm a first time swapper. :)

ali said...

I can't believe I wrote "sheep." That is so funny to me.

alyson. said...

hi there Marta, I just discovered your blog today through another blogger friend. your swap sounds fabulous, and I'd love to join in.

Erin Lang Norris said...

oh, cool! count me in--i will email you my details in the morning :)

Nicole said...

Oh! Please count me in :) Where should I send my personal information to? Thanks for this, it should be fun!

Lacey Jane said...

Found you, Ms. Marta! I'd love to participate... Lots of color choices are already rolling around in my head.

Fun!

Christen Noelle said...

So fun...Can't wait!!!

love.boxes said...

This is such a fun idea!

mperez said...

Ooh! I've never heard such a thing, so intrested in swapping. I sent you an e-mail yesterday, I hope you got my information since the deadline is today! Love your blog..

Anonymous said...

hi this looks great, next one I'll be in!

Barrennass Blue said...

Ohh, I am so sad I missed on this cute experience! Could you please email me the next swap, I would so love to join in... fabulous idea Marta!

zenzhetty said...

Blab! I missed it! I would love to be in on the next one!

Anonymous said...

drat!!

I just found this blog (it's great b.t.w), and I'm so sorry I missed the chance to get in on it.

I hope it goes well. I want in on the next one!

Lynda D'Souza said...

Hi - just found your quaint blog - love it! I would love to swap in your next round. Pls include me! PS - I live in Bahrain (its that little dot on the map!)

Caroline Armijo said...

I want to swap, too! Let me know when you are swapping again. I love the color idea. Fabulous!

sarah cool said...

Sorry to add to the questions.... are you planning on doing this again? This is so special!!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Mellow + Yellow was such a fun swap! Thanks for putting it together. I got a wonderful package and I also made a great new friend in Mindy. I blogged about it here today:

http://zazazu.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/a-bit-of-this-a-lot-of-that/

Unknown said...

I'd love to do your next swap. Will you let me know when you are going to do it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...