14 February 2007

xoxo


For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

- Judy Garland

You have been the first among my joys and you shall be the last,
so long as there is life in me.

- Bernart de Ventadour

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
- Plato

Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own.
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

We love because it's the only true adventure.
- Nikki Giovanni

The days I spent with you were the only days I ever truly existed.
- anonymous

The more I think about it,
the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others.

- Vincent van Gogh

Where there is LOVE there is LIFE.
- Gandhi

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.
- Agnes Repplier

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love,
though I'd stepped in it a few times.

- Rita Rudner

Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.
- Victor Hugo

To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
- David Viscott

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
- Mark Twain

Whoso loves, believes the impossible.
- Elizabeth Barret Browning

Love is a choice you make from moment to moment.
- Barbara De Andelis

I love you, not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you.

- Roy Croft


happy valentine's day from my heart to yours.
perhaps these quotes will spark your imagination when
writing a love note to your one + only true love.

in my opinion, there is nothing more romantic than an expression of love in handwritten form.


8 comments:

Christie said...

Mart,

I've just had the Love Tunes mix from like three years ago playing on the I-pod. Love it - the perfect V-Day mix. Love the quotes, too. Where ever do you find all of them?

love ya,

C

Anonymous said...

I love that you followed up yesterdays sad news with beautiful expressions of love! I'm a quote gal myself. Great collection of thoughts. Thanks for the kind words. I love your blog and the overall look of your site, very cool chic. I will be checking in often!

ali said...

mart: great list, as usual! Hope you had a day filled with lots of love.

p.s. I copied your pretty flickr sidebar thingy. Thanks for a great idea. How are you liking flickr, anyway?

Travelin'Oma said...

I love you...always have...always will...

marta said...

thanks for all the v•day lovin. i love bloggin and i love my bloggin club, namely all of you.

stie - i am listening to that mix cd too. i love ice cream by sarah and also seasons of love from rent.

mindy - thanks for the kind words. always thrilled to make a new friend!!

mom - love the Braveheart quote. totally classic.

ali - i AM enjoying flickr so far. love the community aspect of it and the networking abilities. though, i am torn since i like picasa too. i suppose i'll just keep using both. see you on flickr, this will be a fun way to keep tabs. that pic of curt in his ninja shirt rules. you two are seriously so cute.

Anonymous said...

happy (late) valentine's day! hope it was a good one. :) and thanks so much for your kind + lovely words on my blog!

kelly said...

i've been looking all day for love quotes, and you've got the best ones right here! thanks for all the beautiful thoughts.

jamieanne said...

Leave it to you to find such adoring quotes paired with such a in-the-moment photo. Reminds me of your collages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...